If you love hitting the dirt roads and crossing the country on the highways, you might consider one of the Toyota 4Runner trims designed for exploration and adrenaline rush. Take your adventures to another level with high performance shocks and suspension, as well as a powerful V6 engine to give you plenty of towing capacity.
Toyota 4Runner Trim Levels
You can choose from six different trim levels. All of them have a powerful 4.0-liter V6 engine, giving you 270 horsepower. You can choose between 4×2 or 4×4 drive on the SR5 and limited edition trims. You might even get a third row seat to share the fun with more people.
- The base model is the SR5, featuring cloth upholstery, skid plates, and keyless entry as basic.
- The TRD Off-Road comes with wider wheels, crawl control, and an optional upgrade to a Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS).
- If you choose one of the Premium trims, you will get heated outside mirrors, premium seat upholstery, and an auto-dimming mirror.
- If you are serious about off-roading, you can get Nitto Terra Grappler tires and Bilstein dampers with the TRD Pro trim.
- The top of the range trim is the Limited, giving you plenty of comfort and power. Enjoy every road with the 15-speaker audio system, leather seats, and a dual-zone air conditioning.
Designed for Off-Roading: TRD Off-Road
If you want to make the most out of your off-roading experience, this trim level is perfect for you. With a ground-clearing approach and optional Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System, you will feel more thrill and less bumps. The Off-Road Premium offers TRD lettering on the headrests, trimmed seats made of SofTex material, and integrated navigation for explorers. Get the Etune premium audio and enjoy everything the App Suite has to offer.
Make the most out of the part-time 4WD equipped with A-TRAC traction control. Get a great 9.6-inch ground clearance, compared with 9-inch on the base model, and make full use of the hill-start assist in tricky situations.
Power and Luxury: Limited Edition Trims
If you want comfort and maximum distribution of power, you will love the Limited trim of the Toyota TRD. Assisted by a rear-wheel drive, or a 4WD system, you will be able to tackle every terrain in style. One of the premium features of the Limited’s drivetrain is the X-REAS sports enhancement suspension that gives you faster responses. Hitting the mud? The Torsen slip center will lock your wheels and help you control the traction on every surface.
Take advantage of the Smart Key System and Push Button Start, and sit back in style in the power-adjustable leather ventilated and heated seats. Make more space by upgrading to a sliding cargo deck and getting a storage box under the floor for camping trips.
The new Toyota 4Runner has plenty of options for off-roaders and those who like taking long trips. With a great towing ability and plenty of luxury upgrades, you can choose your perfect 4runner, too. Maximize your cargo space and get traction on tricky roads.
Image by votoapp, used under CCO 1.0